GreyStone Power Corporation will team up with local healthcare providers to host its annual Health Fair on Saturday, Oct. 12. The event will take place as part of GreyStone’s Annual Meeting of Members held at the cooperative’s main office in Douglasville, located at 4040 Bankhead Highway. Health Fair activities will run from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. and are free to all GreyStone members and their families.
“The Health Fair is one of the Annual Meeting’s most popular attractions,” says GreyStone Benefits Administrator Carla Pierce. “Good health is a major focus and we are proud to showcase valuable health-related services that promote member wellness.”
At GreyStone’s Health Fair, members can learn how to live healthier through preventative screenings, educational exhibits and health-related tests. Flu shots will be offered by WellStar Douglas for $25 and may be filed with Medicare. Other highlights include:
- Allergy/asthma screening by Center for Allergy & Asthma of West Georgia
- Body Mass Index (BMI)/blood pressure by Lifesigns/Prevention Group
- Clinical research by Georgia Institute for Clinical Research
- Dental screening by West Georgia Family Dentistry
- Flu shots/blood pressure by Wellstar
- Heart and vascular specialist information by Tanner
- Immediate care information by Tanner Immediate Care Villa Rica
- Joint and spine information by Wellstar
- Massages by Douglasville Therapeutic Massage
- Massages by Healing Hands Massage Therapy
- Nutrition/physical activity information/CO test by Douglas County Public Health
- Primary Care of West Paulding by Tanner
- Pulmonary function test/blood pressure by Piedmont Heart & Piedmont Physicians Georgia Lung
- Sleep apnea information by Boulevard Smiles, Dr. Joe Hair
- Tobacco cessation information by No Smoke America
- Spinal analysis by Douglasville Chiropractic Center
- Spinal analysis by Lithia Springs Family Chiropractic
- Strength/grip test by Physiotherapy Associates
- Stroke prevention information by Wellstar
- Vision screening by Tulman Eye Group
For more information about GreyStone’s Annual Meeting of Members, visit www.greystonepower.com. For more information on the Health Fair, call 770-370-2051.
Along with the Health Fair, GreyStone’s Annual Meeting will offer inflatables and games for children, an Energy Efficiency Expo, and food and other retail items for purchase from participating Co-op Connections® Card (CCC) vendors.
GreyStone Power serves more than 106,500 members in portions of eight counties, including Paulding, Douglas, Fulton, Cobb, Carroll, Bartow, Fayette and Coweta counties. Learn more at www.greystonepower.com.
# # #
Photo: GreyStone’s Health Fair offers a variety of wellness information, exhibits, massages and health screenings for members and their families.